10 things to do at the South West Outdoor Festival 2019
The South West Outdoor Festival is packed full of opportunities to explore, adventure, relax and generally enjoy being outside. Here are 10 things to do at the Festival.
The South West Outdoor Festival will be a fun-packed weekend of activities suitable for anyone who loves the outdoors, is willing to have a go and take on a new challenge.
So whether you are an adrenalin junkie or enjoy gentler activities, here are ten of the many pursuits on offer:
- A coastal exploration and adventure day on (and occasionally off) a sit-on-top kayak.
- Join a night run and enjoy a new perspective of the world under the stars.
- Learn essential stand-up paddleboarding techniques while playing games in the surf. A rapidly-growing pursuit, it’s superb for core fitness and balance.
- Explore and learn about the history and wildlife from local experts on a series of guided walks.
- Enter our mountain bike orienteering challenge that takes you along tracks, trails, bridleways and lanes of the beautiful South Hams.
- Experience the thrills and learn the core techniques involved in climbing.
- Try trail running with either a demanding but rewarding world-class trail marathon; or a shorter 1.5km taster race, both traversing some of the UK’s most stunning terrain.
- Acquire the essential skills required for surviving in the wilderness, from foraging for food in nature’s larder to lighting and cooking on a campfire.
- Chill out and unwind at one of the festival's yoga sessions.
- Make up a team and have a go at frisbee golf. This new fun sport will be just one of the many games that will be on offer all weekend.