Broccoli & cheese filo parcel
A delicious mix of sour, salty cheese and fresh broccoli in crispy pastry.
- 350g/12oz broccoli, cooked and crumbled
- 150g/5oz onion, chopped
- 100g/3.5oz cottage cheese, crumbled
- 200g/7oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 20mg dill
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 400g/14oz filo pastry
- 140g/5oz butter, melted
- Cook the broccoli, crumble and chop the stalks into chunks.
- Put the broccoli in a large bowl along with the onion, cottage cheese, feta cheese, dill, nutmeg, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix together well until combined and the eggs are evenly distributed.
- Lay two sheets of filo pastry on a tray and brush with melted butter.
- Add another two sheets on top of the first two, at an angle, and brush with butter.
- Place two more sheets over the previous sheets and brush with butter, continue until you have two sheets left. Pile the broccoli mix on to the pastry sheets and spread out to a rectangle.
- Lay the reserved two sheets over the top of the broccoli mix and fold the pastry up from the edges to cover the filling completely. Brush with butter and place in the oven at 170°C (150°C fan, 325°F, gas mark 3) for around 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before serving.