Mushroom and thyme rolls
These delicious mushroom, thyme and chickpea rolls are very easy to make, perfect for a quick and healthy vegan supper.
- 150gwhite onion
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1x400g tin chickpeas, drained (keep the water)
- 150gground polenta
- A good pinch of salt
- A good pinch of ground black pepper
- 2tsp dried thyme
- 300g vegan puff pastry
- For the filling, place the onion and garlic in your food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place your mushrooms in your food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Remove and place into the bowl with the onions and garlic.
- Place the drained chickpeas in your food processor and blitz until roughly chopped but some texture remains. Add to the bowl with the mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Add the polenta, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Add the thyme to the mixure and combine.
- For the puff pastry, lay your puff pastry sheet on your bench and cut in half lengthways.
- Place half of the filling in a strip along one side of the cut half, keeping the mixure as even as possible all the way along.
- Fold the other side of the pastry over the filling and wet the edge with a little water. Press down to seal.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the other half of the puff pastry.
- Cut into 6 even rolls, place onto your lined tray and score the tops with a knife. Brush the tops with the chickpea water.
- Place in the oven at 170°C for 30-35 minutes until golden and risen.