Mushroom and thyme rolls
These delicious mushroom, thyme and chickpea rolls are very easy to make, perfect for a quick and healthy vegan supper.
- 150gwhite onion
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 400gchickpeas, drained (keep the water)
- 150g polenta
- A good pinch of salt
- 5g ground black pepper
- 10g dried thyme
- 300g vegan puff pastry
- For the filling: Place the onion and garlic in your food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place your mushrooms in your food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Remove and place into the bowl with the onions and garlic.
- Place the drained chickpeas in your food processor and blitz until roughly chopped but some texture remains. Add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Add the polenta, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Add the thyme to the mix and combine.
- For the vegan puff pastry: Lay your vegan puff pastry sheet on your bench and cut in half lengthways.
- Place half of the filling in a strip along one half of the vegan puff pastry, keep the mix as even as possible all the way along.
- Fold one half of the vegan puff pastry over the filling, and wet the edge with a little water.
- Fold over the other half of the vegan puff pastry and press down to seal. Repeat with the other half of the mix and vegan puff pastry.
- Cut into 6 even rolls, place onto your lined tray and score the tops with a knife. Brush the tops with the chickpea water.
- Place in the oven at 170C for 30-35 minutes until golden and risen.