Pea and feta salad
A lovely light salad for summer that combines peas, mint and salty feta cheese.
- 100ml (4floz) cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 35g (1½oz)fresh finely chopped mint
- 30ml (2tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 125g (5oz)mange tout
- 200g (8oz) peas
- 200g (8oz) edamame beans
- 150g (6oz) carrot
- 120g (5oz) radish
- 150g (6oz) fresh pea shoots
- 90g (4oz) cashew nuts
- 150g (6oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and ground white pepper
For the dressing:
- Place the oil, white wine vinegar, caster sugar, half the mint and a little salt and pepper to taste, in a pan. Put on a medium hob and heat gently until just simmering, remove straight away and leave to cool.
For the salad:
- Lightly cook the mangetout, peas and edamame beans until al dente (in a steamer or boiling salted water). Remove and rinse in ice cold water before draining.
- Thinly slice the radishes and carrots and place into a bowl along with the remaining finely chopped mint.
- Roughly chop the pea shoots and combine with the carrot and radish mix, then add the mange tout, peas and edamame beans.
- Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan taking care not to burn them; then, when cool, roughly chop them.
- Lightly dress the ingredients and mix together until evenly combined.
- Place the salad mix in a bowl; crumble over the feta cheese and cashew nuts.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of the dressing and serve.