Pea, mint and broad bean quiches
These mini quiches are the perfect addition to your menu. Whether you have them as a snack or pair them with a refreshing salad, they are perfect for all occasions.
For the pastry
- 250g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 5g salt
- Water to bind
For the filling
- 3 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 125ml double cream
- 5g salt
- 5g pepper
- 150g peas
- 150g broad beans
- 15g fresh mint, finely chopped
- For the pastry, place the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the salt.
- Gradually add water until it comes together into a dough. Be careful not to work it too much as this will make your pastry tough.
- Place in a bowl, cover and leave to rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll the pastry out to 2mm thick, and using an 8cm cutter cut out 12 rounds.
- Place a round into each hole of your muffin tray, using an offcut of the pastry to press firmly into the tray.
- For the filling, place the egg, milk and cream in a bowl and whisk together and add the seasoning.
- Split the remaining filling ingredients evenly into the pastry cases, and pour the egg mix between the 12 pastry cases.
- Place in the oven at 160 degrees for 20 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry is crisp.