Potato, pepper and courgette curry
This simple and delicious vegetable curry is healthy, packed full of flavour and has a tasty spicy kick to it. The addition of courgettes gives it a fresh twist making it perfect for summer-time dinners. For a tasty meal that's a great alternative to a takeaway, serve over your favourite rice or with some naan.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp curry powder
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 200g onions, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 30ml white wine
- 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 300g courgettes, sliced
- 200g red pepper, roughly chopped
- 200g potatoes
- 50g natural yoghurt
- 10g fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop your potatoes into bite sized pieces and place into boiling water. Cook until just tender. Drain.
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and when hot add a tablespoon of oil, followed by the ginger, ground coriander, black pepper, curry powder, chilli flakes, onion and garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes until the onions become translucent and soft.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan, followed by the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and 200ml of water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, add the remaining oil to another large pan over a medium heat and when hot add in the courgettes, peppers and cooked potatoes. Sauté until they start to colour.
- After 10-15 minutes remove the sauce from the heat and puree with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add the curry sauce to the vegetables along with the yoghurt and fresh coriander.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, season to taste and serve.