The Rock: Watersports Weekend
Two days of fun activities for young and old to enjoy at this popular festival of watersports. On the water have a go at paddle boarding, windsurfing, kayaking or snorkeling. Prefer dry land? Then there's beach volleyball, yoga, rock pooling and beach inspired craft activities. New for this year - mono-fin swimming.
Working with local watersport businesses, this beachside weekend at South Milton Sands is a great chance to try your hand at activities like windsurfing, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding (SUP).
- Start your day with some chilled out beach Yoga and SUP Yoga sessions with Simply Soulful Yoga.
- Ready for an adenture? Beginners can enjoy SUP tuition sessions with Waterborn or have a go on a giant SUP board – for up to 12 people!
- Surfin Sam, our resident sports provider will be providing have a go sessions: sit on top kayaking, windsurfing and SUP.
- Explore under the water with the rangers on regular snorkelling safaris around the rugged coastline.
- If you don't fancy getting too wet, join in on a rockpool ramble and discover beautiful star fish and aneomes, and shy crabs.
- Back on dry land they'll be plenty of other activities to have a go at: beach volleyball, kite flying, beach bowls and more.
Once you have worked up an appetite, the popular Holsome Park Quality meats barbecue will be cooking up burgers and hot dogs. The Beachouse cafe will also be open for lunch and take-away light bites and ice-cream.
Some activites are free but most on the water sessions are about £5-£10. Cash only please.
- For all watersports sessions, children must be aged over 6 years.
- The car park is £5 for the day, or free for National Trust members.