The Rock: Watersports Weekend
16 and 17 June. Two days of fun activities for young and old to enjoy at this popular festival of watersports. On the water have a go at paddle boarding, windsurfing, kayaking or snorkeling. Prefer dry land? Then there's beach volleyball, yoga, rock pooling and beach inspired craft activities. New for this year - mono-fin swimming.
Working with local watersport businesses, this beachside weekend at South Milton Sands is a great chance to try your hand at activities like windsurfing, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding (SUP).
Saturday and Sunday
- Beach Yoga at 12pm, 12.45pm and 2.30pm with Simply Soulful Yoga. £5 for 30 minutes (ages 10+).
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Yoga at 1.35pm, 3.35pm and 5.35pm with Simply Soulful Yoga. £5 for 30 minutes (ages 10 +).
- Stand Up Paddleboarding tutored sesssions with Waterborn £5 for 30 minutes (ages 10+).
- Kayak/Windsurf/SUP hire from Surfin Sam £4 for 15 minutes (ages 6 +)
- Monofin swim sessions with Aquatic Dramatic. 11.30am-4pm. Beginners and experienced swimmers but must be able to confidently swim 25m. £7 for 30 minutes (ages 8+).
- Explore under the water with the rangers on regular snorkelling safaris around the rugged coastline. 12pm-4pm. Must be able to confidently swim 50m. All kit provided. £3 for 30 minutes (ages 8+).
- Go foraging with expert Trudy Turrell along the shoreline. Join Trudy to find out more about the wealth of edible foods on the beach, with a cook up and tastings to finish. 2pm - 4pm suggested donation £2.
- If you don't fancy getting too wet, join in on a rockpool ramble and discover beautiful star fish and anemones, and shy crabs.
- Back on dry land there will be plenty of other activities to have a go at: 50 things acitivities, beach volleyball, kite flying, beach bowls and more.
Once you have worked up an appetite, the popular Holsome Park Quality meats barbecue will be cooking up burgers and hot dogs. The Beachouse cafe will also be open for lunch and take-away light bites and ice-cream.
Some activites are free but most on the water sessions are about £5-£10. Cash only please.
- For all watersports sessions, children must be aged over 6 years.
- The car park is £5 for the day, or free for National Trust members.