The Rock: Watersports Weekend
Thank you to everyone who came to the 2019 Rock Watersports festival on the 8 and 9 June. We hope to see you in 2020 for two days of fun activities for young and old to enjoy on and off the water.
Working with local watersport businesses, this beachside weekend at South Milton Sands is a great chance to try your hand at a new activity.
Note: The weather forecast for Saturday 8th is predicting high winds. Some of the activities may have to be cancelled on the day for safety reasons.
- Beach Yoga at 2.30pm and 4.30pm with Simply Soulful Yoga. £5 for 30 minutes (ages 10+).
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Yoga at 3.30pm, 5.30pm with Simply Soulful Yoga. £5 for 30 minutes (ages 10 +).
- Kayak/Windsurf/SUP hire from Surfin Sam 1.00pm - 7.00pm £4 for 15 minutes (ages 6 +)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding tutored sesssions 1.00pm - 7.00pm with Waterborn £7.50 for 20 minutes or £17.50 for an hour tour (ages 10+).
- Explore under the water with the rangers on regular snorkelling safaris around the rugged coastline. 2.00pm - 6.00pm. Must be able to confidently swim 50m. £4 for 30 minutes (ages 8+).
- Seashore foraging and cook up Saturday 3.30pm and Sunday 4.30pm. Free.
- RunSwim and trail running event led by Wild running on Saturday. For more information and to book go to wildrunning.co.uk
- If you don't fancy getting too wet, join in on a rockpool ramble and discover beautiful star fish, anemones, and shy crabs.
- Back on dry land there will be plenty of other activities to have a go at: 50 things acitivities, beach volleyball, scavenger hunt and more.
This is a cash only event.
The Beachouse cafe will also be open for lunch and take-away light bites and ice-cream.
- The car park is £5 for the day, or free for National Trust members.