Bring Trerice to life
Join the volunteer coordinators on Monday 13 February from 11am - 3pm and find out what your next adventure could be.
Our 130 volunteers are quite simply the lifeblood of Trerice, without them we couldn't keep it going.
They have so many reasons why they're with us. We asked them what they felt some of the benefits were:
Trying something different or indulging your interests
Helping to look after this special place and bring it to life
Join a great family and make new friends
Feeling good about doing something worthwhile
Learn new skills and enhance your CV
Very flexible with days and hours for volunteering
Knowing that you're helping our visitors have a great day out
Volunteering puts you at the heart of the National Trust. You’ll join a family of thousands looking after our special places.
Not to mention the social events that happen through out the year, from bring and share lunches to BBQs and quiz nights.
Where you can help
There are many roles to suit you when you volunteer at Trerice.
- Room guide and armour assistant - a role for those who enjoy engaging with the visitors and getting them involved in trying on our replica armour.
- Car park attendant - a role for those who like to stay outside, but also want to make sure our visitors are welcomed from the moment they arrive at Trerice.
- Raffle ticket seller - a role for those who are confident in approaching visitors and getting them involved in conservation of Trerice through buying raffle tickets.
- Barn restaurant assistant - a place to really use your customer service skills by making sure all visitors get a warm welcome when they pop in for tea and cake.
- Visitor welcome/ Reception - here you are continuing the welcome from the car park, help orientate the visitors and introduce them to the beginning of their visit to Trerice.
- Gardener - get your green fingers dirty with tasks from weeding to planting, helping to maintain the beauty of the garden at Trerice.