Parkrun at Bolberry Down
If you enjoy running, jogging or just a brisk walk with the dog, why not join a number of others on a 5km route each Saturday morning at 9am? Find out all you need to know about joining a Parkrun at Bolberry Down.
A popular and scenic pastime
Parkruns have become enormously popular all over the UK, and they are free for all to take part in.
The 5km route at Bolberry is mostly flat and enjoys sweeping views of the sea and sky.
Initially following the tarmac path, the trail then winds its way back along the wide coast path.
Everything you need to know
- Participants don’t have to wear trail shoes: the route is fine in road shoes.
- Participants need to register with Parkrun before they take part – this has to be done through the Parkrun website where there is also further information about particular events.
- The route is a mixture of a grass surface, gravel and tarmac and is nice and flat. The site is very exposed though so make sure you wrap up well in winter.
- The Oceans restaurant opens at 10am, so you can enjoy some well-deserved refreshments after your run.
- There are public toilets in Malborough village by the post office, which you drive past a few miles before reaching Bolberry Down.
You can park in the National Trust car park at Bolberry Down, which is free to National Trust members and £3 for non-members.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday morning!
Head out for a walk, discover a historical landscape and take in spectacular views of the surrounding coast and countryside at Bolberry Down.
Learn about Bolberry Down's history, from an Iron Age fort and shipwrecks still submerged beneath the waves to radar stations from the Second World War.
Choose one of our favourite coastal running spots and see where it takes you – miles of coastal trails, wooded valleys and havens for nature await.