Bringing your dog to Waddesdon
We know that dogs are a part of your family so here's some guidance about bringing your dog to Waddesdon.
All the family can enjoy a walk and stop for coffee in one of our outdoor coffee bars (maybe not coffee for the pooch!).
Our doggie dos and don'ts
As not all visitors are dog-loving people and to help protect our beautiful surroundings we just ask that you adhere to our dos and don'ts for bringing your dog.
- Please keep dogs on short leads at all times.
- Dogs are welcome anywhere in the grounds with the exception of the Aviary, Parterre and Woodland Playground.
- Use our dog map to see our dog friendly areas.
- Be aware that although we love them outside, dogs are not allowed inside any building, shop or cafè. Dogs are allowed on shuttle buses, please see below for more information. Please note that the walk from the car park to the house is approximately 15-20 minutes, with an uphill section and following rain is wet in places so please bring suitable footwear. (See below for full shuttle bus details).
- You can enjoy outdoor refreshment with your dog at the Stables Courtyard and Coffee Bar.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the gardens and inside the Manor.
- Please clear up after your dog and use one of our bins. Please note that additional dog waste bins are being added around the main grounds, please ask at the Welcome Pavilion or use our dog map for nearest locations.
We're incredibly excited about allowing dogs into the grounds and we know that it makes a huge difference to your day out.
Use our downladable dog map to locate areas dogs are not allowed and waste bins.
Dogs on the shuttle buses
Since November 2017, in line with many National Trust and other historic properties, we have amended our policy and dogs are now allowed within the main grounds of Waddesdon.
In advance of your visit, please note that all dogs (excluding assistance dogs) can be walked to and from the visitor car park. This walk is approximately 15-20 minutes in each direction, on a woodchip path, with an uphill section at the base of the hill.
From Wed 27 March 2019 we will be allowing dogs on the shuttle buses from the car park to the Manor. Please note the following:
- At busy times, when visitors may be standing in the bus aisle, we may ask you and your dog to wait for the next available bus.
- If your dog might react to other dogs or people in a contained environment, please can you walk your dog rather than use the bus, to prevent any avoidable interactions.
- Please take responsibility for your dog and consider whether using the bus, rather than walking, will be in your dog's best interest.
- In the event of a dog displaying any signs of aggression before entering the bus or having boarded, we reserve the right to request that you use the walking path.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.