Bringing your dog to Waddesdon
We know that dogs are a part of your family so in order to accommodate them, we’re allowing dogs into the main grounds for the first time.
All the family can enjoy a walk and stop for coffee in one of our outdoor coffee bars (maybe not coffee for the pooch!).
Our doggie dos and don'ts
As not all visitors are dog-loving people and to help protect our beautiful surroundings we just ask that you adhere to our dos and don'ts for bringing your dog.
- Please keep dogs on short leads at all times.
- Dogs are welcome anywhere in the grounds with the exception of the Aviary, Parterre and Woodland Playground.
- Use our dog map to see our dog friendly areas.
- Be aware that although we love them outside, dogs are not allowed inside any building, shop, cafè or on the shuttle bus. Only assistance dogs will be allowed on the buses. Please note that the walk from the car park to the house is approximately 15 minutes, with an uphill section and is wet in places so please bring suitable footwear.
- You can enjoy outdoor refreshment with your dog at the Stables Courtyard and Coffee Bar.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the gardens and inside the Manor.
- Please clear up after your dog and use one of our bins. Please note that additional dog waste bins are being added around the main grounds but do not yet appear on the Christmas map, please ask at the Welcome Pavilion or use our dog map for nearest locations.
We're incredibly excited about allowing dogs into the grounds and we know that it makes a huge difference to your day out. Please note that this is a trial arrangement and will be reviewed next year.
Use our downladable dog map to locate areas dogs are not allowed and waste bins.