Bringing your dog to Waddesdon
We know that dogs are a part of your family so in order to accommodate them, we’re allowing dogs into the main grounds for the first time.
All the family can enjoy a walk and stop for coffee in one of our outdoor coffee bars (maybe not coffee for the pooch!).
Our doggie dos and don'ts
As not all visitors are dog-loving people and to help protect our beautiful surroundings we just ask that you adhere to our dos and don'ts for bringing your dog.
- Please keep dogs on short leads at all times.
- Dogs are welcome anywhere in the grounds with the exception of the Aviary, Parterre and Woodland Playground.
- Use our dog map to see our dog friendly areas.
- Be aware that although we love them outside, dogs are not allowed inside any building, shop, cafè or on the shuttle bus. Only assistance dogs will be allowed on the buses. Please note that the walk from the car park to the house is approximately 15-20 minutes, with an uphill section and following rain is wet in places so please bring suitable footwear. (See below for full shuttle bus details).
- You can enjoy outdoor refreshment with your dog at the Stables Courtyard and Coffee Bar.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the gardens and inside the Manor.
- Please clear up after your dog and use one of our bins. Please note that additional dog waste bins are being added around the main grounds, please ask at the Welcome Pavilion or use our dog map for nearest locations.
We're incredibly excited about allowing dogs into the grounds and we know that it makes a huge difference to your day out. Please note that this is a trial arrangement and will be reviewed next year.
Use our downladable dog map to locate areas dogs are not allowed and waste bins.
Dogs on the shuttle buses
Since November 2017, in line with many National Trust and other historic properties, we have amended our policy and dogs are now allowed within the main grounds of Waddesdon.
In advance of your visit, please note that all dogs (excluding assistance dogs) must be walked to and from the visitor car park. This walk is approximately 15-20 minues in each direction, on a woodchip path, with an uphill section at the base of the hill.
Our policy does not permit dogs (other than assistance dogs) on the visitor shuttle buses to or from the Manor. Although dogs are sometimes allowed on buses or trains elsewhere, at Waddesdon we have listened to feedback from some visitors who feel very strongly that dogs should not be in an enclosed space with other visitors including children of all ages, some of whom are scared of dogs. Unfortunately it is not possible to make individual exceptions to this policy, as it then becomes practically unworkable. We recognise that this decision will not suit everyone, but it is overall felt to be an acceptable compromise as part of the reviewing of our previous 'no dogs' overall policy.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.