Big Camp at Witley Common
Witley and Milford Commons are in Surrey and just a stone’s throw from London. The nearest main town is Haslemere. The commons are an area of great contrasts with extensive heathland views and secluded woodland glades. There’s always something new to see; from the breathtaking purple heathers and buzzing insects to majestic trees and strange fungi.
Our camping weekend is from Saturday 16 July (from 2pm) to Sunday 17 July (depart on or before 5pm). Stroll around the commons with our rangers and pick up a few interesting snippets about the area and its wildlife. Enjoy a tasty barbecue, camp under the stars and listen to the nocturnal sounds of nature...
- Cost: £35 per adult and £15 per child (5 – 16 years)
- 15 pitches (max 40 people) – any size tent, sorry no camper vans
- Tents can be pitched from 2pm on Saturday – depart by 5pm on the Sunday
- Toilets open all night – outside – no showers
- All quiet (music off by 11.30pm)
- Sorry no dogs
What to bring
- Tent and sleeping bags
- Cooking equipment – gas only, sorry no campfires
- Basic first aid kit (may need insect repellent)
Friendly camping advice from our partner - Cotswold Outdoor
If you’re in need of new camping gear or some expert advice on where to start, our official outdoor partner, Cotswold Outdoor, is here to help. Combining their excellent brand knowledge with real world experience, in store, their friendly staff can offer you first-hand advice about how their products perform – not just what’s on the label.
Plus, if you're a National Trust member, you’ll receive a 10% discount* just show your National Trust membership card in store to receive your discount. To find your nearest store visit their website.
*Full terms and conditions apply - offer expires 31 August 2016.
Booking essential - to reserve a place please phone 01372 220644