Bring your group to Wordsworth House and Garden
Groups are always welcome at William’s childhood home. If you book in advance, you can have a free five-minute introduction by a duty manager and choose from our programme of exclusive talks and tours.
If there are 15 or more of you, those who aren’t members of the National Trust will pay just £6.20 to enter. (Normal price: Gift Aid £8, standard £7.20.)
Book a 10-minute costumed servant talk for an extra insight into Georgian life. Talks can accommodate up to 20 people, with 12 standing and eight seated, and cost £2 per person.
Pick your talk
- Two wild children: Celebrate the 150th anniversary of Beatrix Potter’s birth by learning how the natural world of the Lake District shaped these inspirational figures
- Poetic remembrances: Discover how the happiness – and tragedy – of William’s early childhood forged one of our best-loved poets
- The horrible truth about Georgian life: Find out what it was really like to live in the 18th century
- A stroll through time: Take a fascinating imaginary tour of William and Dorothy's Cockermouth
- Ghostly fireside tales: Enjoy the traditional Cumbrian spooky stories William might have heard