Christmas at Coleridge Cottage
Coleridge Cottage is open for the first three weekends of December, 11am-3.30pm, for a Georgian Christmas, with garlands, spice bags, gingerbread men, and an open log fire
- Feast your eyes on the gorgeous greenery and garlands decorating the 18th century Cottage.
- Make your own spice bag to take home, with star anise, cloves, and orange peel
- Make your own salt dough gingerbread man in Sara's Kitchen
- Hang a ribbon on the tree in the Second Parlour
- Listen to some wintry poetry in front of the fire. Readings are every day over Christmas opening, 12.30 and 2.30pm
- Hear some traditional Georgian carols sung by the West Gallery Singers on Saturday 16th.
- Hunt for mice in the festive family trail with a chance to win a prize
- Write a Christmas message with a quill and ink
- Warm your tummy with some treats in the tearoom.
- Find out about Romantic poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge and his family.