Repairs begin on Sourlands Pool at Farnborough Hall
As part of our partnership with Natural England, we will begin to make repairs to Sourlands Pool. The repairs are part of the 5 year programme under Higher Level Stewardship, and will see improvements to the weirs and dam.
- Clearance of the two spillways will be taking place to allow a structural engineer to survey the area and make recommendations.
- Work around the two spillways and adjacent dam based on advice and recommendations.
- Removal of insignificant, damaged or diseased trees in the immediate forested areas; followed by planting of native trees to enhance the vistas.
- Structural repairs to the weirs and dam bank
- Removal of fallen trees from the water ways