Keeping the South West coast beautiful
It's thanks to the hard working volunteers and ranger teams that help us keep the South West coast looking great, and safe for everyone to enjoy.
Top 10 beach clean finds
People find all sorts of funny things on the beaches. The top 10 most unusual beach clean finds:
- BMW parts on Branscome Beach
- Spanish washing up liquid
- Parts of an old cooking range, probably from old cottages washed away in the early 1900's on the Roseland Peninsula in Cornwall
- A scaffold clamp probably from a Second World War beach defence barrier
- An unbroken light bulb
- A telegraph pole weighing 1 tonne
- A French medicine container
- A 20 litre oil container
- Window frame
- Hot water bottle
How much litter is on our beaches?
Take part in a beach clean
We regularly run beach clean events, find one near you on our events page.