Dog friendly places in the East of England
We know how dear your four-legged friends are to you, so we thought you might like to know about some of the dog-friendly places perfect for exploring with your pooch in the East of England.
We love to welcome dogs whenever we can. The best places for walkies in the East are:
- Blickling, Felbrigg, Sheringham Park, Oxburgh Hall, Norfolk Coast in Norfolk
- Wicken Fen and the parkland at Wimpole in Cambridgeshire
- Dunwich Heath, Ickworth, Flatford, Sutton Hoo and Kyson Hill in Suffolk
- Blakes Wood, Pin Mill and Hatfield Forest in Essex
- Sharpenhoe and Dunstable Downs in Bedfordshire
After a stroll, it’s nice to have somewhere to sit back and put your feet (paws) up. As well as a handy water bowl, why not head to one of our dog friendly café's, which welcome well-behaved dogs.
- Coastguard Cottages tea-room at Dunwich Heath, Suffolk
- Courtyard Café at Sheringham Park, Norfolk
- Flatford’s riverside tea-room, Suffolk
- Forest Café at Hatfield Forest, Essex
- Muddy Boots Café at Blickling, Norfolk
- On the veranda at King's River Café at Sutton Hoo, Suffolk
- On the terrace at the View Café at Dunstable Downs, Bedfordshire
- On the terrace of the Old Rectory Restaurant at Wimpole, Cambridgeshire
- Porter’s Lodge at Ickworth, Suffolk
- Squires Pantry at Felbrigg Hall, Norfolk
- The Pantry at Oxburgh Hall, Norfolk
Bringing an assistance dog?
The houses in our care are only for humans, however assistance dogs are more widely admitted, so please check with individual places for more details.
Follow our lead...
Help us keep the countryside a safe, healthy and enjoyable place for you and your dog, other visitors, wildlife and livestock:
- Keep your dog in sight and under control - use a lead if requested
- Don't let your dog chase wildlife or farm animals
- Watch out for local notices. There may be restrictions in woodland or farmland at sensitive times of year, during the lambing season, or between March and the end of July when ground-nesting birds are on eggs or raising their young
- Please always pick up after your dog. At many of our sites we've dedicated dog bins for you to use
Different restrictions apply at each of our places and at different times of year, so please check before you visit exactly where you and your four-legged friend can roam.