Explore places with Victorian history
‘This is a great place to come. It’s the second time I’ve been here and it’s still my favourite museum,’ says Jack, a young visitor to The Workhouse in Nottinghamshire.
It’s one of the many places we look after that has a rich Victorian story just waiting for you to uncover.
Here is our pick of our top Victorian places.
- Join one of our interactive family tours, try Victorian crafts or pick up one of our Mary Mouse pauper guides to learn more about life at The Workhouse, Nottinghamshire
- Arrive at the historic Dunster Castle, Somerset, in true Victorian style - by steam train
- Try on maids’ costumes and see what’s cooking in our award-winning Victorian kitchen at Charlecote Park, Warwickshire
- See the one-ton slate bed made especially for Queen Victoria at Penrhyn Castle, Gwynedd
- Witness the machines of the Industrial Revolution in action at Quarry Bank Mill, Cheshire
- Dress up as a Victorian at Speke Hall, Merseyside
- Practise your handwriting on slates and play with Victorian toys at Lanhydrock, Cornwall
- Dress up as and play Victorian games in the Stableyard at Castle Ward, County Down
- Get a flavour of Victorian life at Florence Court, County Fermanagh
- Find out what Tyntesfield, Bristol, was like in Victorian times