New Year Raffle 2021 terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for our New Year Raffle 2021.
The New Year Raffle 2021 is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited (registered company no. 1083105 and registered office address Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA) which is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 4746.
All profits from the New Year Raffle 2021 will be donated to the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest or Natural Beauty (registered charity no. 205846).
The person responsible within the National Trust for the promotion of the New Year Raffle 2021 is Sharon Pickford of National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2NA.
Odds of winning a prize
Your odds of winning a prize per Raffle Ticket purchased are:
- Odds are 900/1
- Odds for National Trust Raffles are estimates based on past, similar sized raffles
The information set out below is a summary of our key terms for information purposes only. This does not replace the full terms and conditions set out below. In the event of any conflict between this summary and the full terms and conditions, the full terms and conditions will apply.
(A) You must be 16 years of age or older and meet the other eligibility and verification criteria to purchase a Raffle Ticket or receive a Prize. See Clauses 1, 8 and 38.
(B) Each Raffle Ticket will be sold for £1.
(C) Applications for Raffle Tickets received after 23:59 on 11 March 2021 will not be entered into the New Year Raffle 2021 and the payment for such Raffle Tickets will be treated as a donation to the National Trust unless you expressly state otherwise on your application for such Raffle Ticket(s). See Clauses 21-23.
(D) The Prizes for the Draw are: £10,000 cash (1st Prize), £1,000 cash (2nd Prize), £500 cash (3rd Prize), 10 x £25 National Trust Gift cards. The Prize for the Early Bird Draw is £250 cash. See Clauses 28-33.
(E) Any complaints or disputes will be first handled by customer care team with a right to appeal to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service. See Clauses 52-54.
- ‘New Year Raffle 2021' means the lotteries, which consist of the Main Draw and the Early Bird Draw, that is operated by The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited and managed in part by Woods Group Limited as an external lottery manager
- 'Closing Date' means 23:59 on 11 March 2021 for the Main Draw and 23:59 on 1 February 2021 for the Early Bird Draw
- 'Main Draw' means the draw for the Prizes described at Clauses 28-31
- ‘Early Bird Draw’ means the additional draw some participants will be entered into for the Prize described at Clause 32
- 'National Trust' means The National Trust (Enterprises) Limited
- 'Prize' means any of the prizes as set out at Clauses 28-33
- 'Early Bird Prize’ means the prize set out at Clause 32
- 'Raffle Ticket' means a ticket purchased for the New Year Raffle 2021, whether by post or via telephone
- 'Ticket Holder' means a person who holds a Raffle Ticket in accordance with these terms and conditions
1. To be eligible to purchase a Raffle Ticket, and to enter the Early Bird Draw, a person must:
a) be 16 years of age or over;
b) located in Great Britain;
c) not be an employee of the National Trust, or Woods Group Limited; and
d) comply with these terms and conditions.
2. A Raffle Ticket will be entered into the New Year Raffle 2021 if:
a) an application for such Raffle Ticket is received by the National Trust before the Closing Date; and
b) payment for such application is received by the National Trust before the Closing Date.
3. All players whose tickets are returned before 1 February will be entered into the Early Bird Draw, for the chance of winning the Early Bird Prize. Any Early Bird entries received after this time will not be included in the Early Bird Draw, but will still be included in the Main Draw.
4. Each Raffle Ticket will be sold for £1.
5. National Trust may, at its sole discretion, refuse to sell a Raffle Ticket to any person without giving reasons.
6. A Raffle Ticket may not be transferred from a person listed as the owner of the respective Raffle Ticket on the National Trust’s records to another person.
7. We will process your personal data securely to manage your entry into the raffle. It will be shared with Woods Valldata who manage the raffle draw on our behalf. We will not use your details for marketing communications that you haven’t agreed to receive. Should you change your mind about whether to receive that information from us or how you’re contacted by us for marketing purposes, let us know by calling us on 0344 800 1895.
8. By purchasing a Raffle Ticket and entering the Early Bird Draw, you confirm that you are 16 years or older at the date when you purchased the Raffle Ticket. If the National Trust determines that a Ticket Holder is under the age of 16 at the date the Raffle Ticket was purchased, the Ticket Holder shall not be entitled to any Prize and National Trust will return to the Ticket Holder the amount paid by them the Raffle Ticket(s).
9. National Trust reserves the right to verify the age of any person seeking to purchase a Raffle Ticket or a Ticket Holder, at any time (including after a Raffle Ticket has been purchased), by requesting such proof of age as National Trust may require.
10. By purchasing, or attempting to purchase, a Raffle Ticket, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11. Payment by post: payment for a Raffle Ticket can be made by cheque or credit/debit card. Charities Aid Foundation vouchers or other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for Raffle Tickets. Please do not send cash.
12. Payment by phone: payment for a Raffle Ticket can be made by credit/debit card.
13. National Trust accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled by you, your bank or credit/debit card provider.
14. A person may not purchase more than £100 of Raffle Tickets unless approved by the National Trust upon special request. For approval please contact Debbie Clark.
15. For postal entries, Raffle Ticket stubs must be completed and sent directly with the payment slip/entry form and payment to: Freepost RLTB-GEAJ-GJSA, National Trust New Year Raffle 2021, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NG.
16. If you are purchasing a Raffle Ticket(s) for yourself you do not need to fill in your details on the Raffle Ticket stub(s) as your payment slip/entry form contains a unique barcode linked to your reference number as well as your name and address.
17. If you are purchasing Raffle Ticket(s) for another person by post you need to include that person’s details on the Raffle Ticket stub(s) when you return them.
18. No responsibility is taken for any Raffle Ticket, Early Bird entry or payment which is lost, delayed, or damaged in the post. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
19. Telephone entries are valid once the payment has been processed. If payment is successful you will receive numbers for your Raffle Tickets by post
20. Entry for the Early Bird Draw is not available for telephone entries.
21. The Closing Date for the New Year Raffle 2021 is 23:59 on 11 March 2021.
22. Applications for Raffle Tickets received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the New Year Raffle 2021.
23. Any payment for Raffle Tickets received after the Closing Date will be treated as a donation to the National Trust unless you expressly state otherwise on your application for such Raffle Ticket(s), for example by writing on the Raffle Tickets you send to the National Trust. If payment is received after the Closing Date, Raffle Tickets will not be purchased/ entered into the New Year Raffle 2021.
24. The Main Draw will take place on 18 March 2021 at: The Woods Group Limited, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6NG.
25. The Early Bird Draw will be drawn first on 3 February 2021, and will take place at The Woods Group Limited, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6NG. The Early Bird Prize will be drawn from all the tickets received by this date. The winning ticket will be added back into the Main Draw once the Ticket Holder has been contacted about the Early Bird Prize.
26. Raffle Tickets and entries to the Early Bird Draw will be drawn randomly.
27. The result of the Draw and Early Bird Draw is final.
28. The Ticket Holder of the first Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £10,000 cash.
29. The Ticket Holder of the second Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £1,000 cash.
30. The Ticket Holder of the third Raffle Ticket drawn will receive £500 cash.
31. The Ticket Holders of the subsequent ten Raffle Tickets drawn will each receive a £25 National Trust Gift Card. National Trust Gift Cards can be redeemed at National Trust shops, tearooms, restaurants and the online shop. They can also be used as payment or part-payment for admission to any National Trust property open for a fee. Full National Trust Gift Card terms and conditions are available here.
32. The Ticket Holder of the Early Bird Draw Ticket will receive £250 cash.
33. The Prize described above at 28 shall be referred to as the 'First Prize'.
Payment of Prizes
34. The person who wins the First Prize will be notified by telephone where possible. All other winners of Prizes will be notified in writing, including the winner of the Early Bird Draw.
35. All Prizes are non-transferable and no alternatives will be provided.
36. A complete list of winners of Prizes will be available from 25 March 2021 by calling our Supporter Services Centre on 0344 800 1895, or by visiting our website.
37. National Trust reserves the right to request proof of identity from any person who claims a Prize.
38. A person shall not be eligible to receive a Prize if they do not satisfy the criteria at Clause 1a)-(c).
39. National Trust reserves the right to withhold or refuse payment of any Prize if National Trust has reasonable grounds to believe that these terms and conditions have been breached in any way.
40. If a Prize is transferred to a person who is not eligible to receive the Prize, the Prize shall be repayable or returned (as applicable) by that person to National Trust on demand.
41. By entering the New Year Raffle 2021 and Early Bird Draw, if you win a Prize you agree to the National Trust using your first name and home county on the National Trust website and otherwise to promote the raffles operated by the National Trust.
42. All Prizes must be claimed no later than 180 days from the date of the Draw.
43. Any Prizes which remain unclaimed after 180 days from the date of the Draw shall be forfeited and donated to the National Trust.
44. The National Trust provides the right to self-exclude.
45. You may request to be excluded from all raffles operated by the National Trust.
46. If you wish to self-exclude, you can:
a) follow the self-exclusion procedure in the Raffles section of the Website; or
b) contact our customer support team on the following phone number 0344 800 1895 or by email.
47. If you elect to self-exclude, you may not purchase National Trust Raffle Tickets for the period of self-exclusion and will not be sent any related marketing.
48. At the end of the self-exclusion period, you may request to purchase further Raffle Tickets (and receive marketing materials) by contacting our customer support team on 0344 800 1895.
Limitation of Liability
49. Subject to Clause 51, the liability of National Trust to any Ticket Holder shall be limited to the amount of any Prize(s) which is due to that Ticket Holder.
50. Subject to Clause 51, National Trust shall not be liable:
a) to any person for the National Trust’s inability to contact you and/or award any Prize due to any errors or omissions in the details you provide or your failure to update these details if they change;
b) for any interest of whatever nature claimed by person in a lost or stolen Raffle Ticket;
c) any matter beyond the National Trust’s reasonable control.
51. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of National Trust for:
a) death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
52. Should you have a complaint, please contact Head of Public Fundraising, National Trust, Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon SN2 2NA. A copy of our raffles complaints procedure is available here.
53. If for any reason you are not satisfied with how the National Trust has resolved your complaint, you may decide that the matter be referred for adjudication by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (“IBAS”). IBAS can be contacted as below:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7347 5883
Adjudication Form: https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/claim-wizard/
54. Alternatively, you may use the ‘Online Dispute Resolution’ platform if a complaint is not resolved.
55. If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to: gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
56. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, GamCare is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare.
57. These terms and conditions are governed the laws of England.
58. Subject to your right to use an alternative dispute resolution provider as set out at Clause 53, each party agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.