Village refurbishment project
West Wycombe village was the first entire village to be handed to us in 1934. An ambitious refurbishment project has just been completed.
The work has improved living standards for tenants and the energy efficiency of the buildings - many of which dated back to the mid-16th century. The buildings involved included 52 cottages, 3 pubs and 7 commercial lettings including the village Post Office and one of the last remaining chair factories in the Chilterns.
Water garden restoration
There is much excitement at West Wycombe Park as this year we're finally able to set about restoring our fabulous fountain to working order.
The fountain used to have a 20ft spout and it will be a major part of recreating the water garden in the woodland area by Marcella’s Bridge.
A huge thank you to all the volunteers whose efforts selling raffle tickets will have contributed to making this project happen. Our grateful thanks also go to the generous donations received from Amersham, Aylesbury and Milton Keynes National Trust Associations.