Paying for your membership with Direct Debit
It’s easy to pay for membership by Direct Debit.
Paying by Direct Debit gives you peace of mind and security, as you’re protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee. Plus, if you pay by monthly Direct Debit, you can spread the cost of your annual membership across the year.
Direct Debit also helps us – it reduces our administration costs and gives us the confidence to commit to vital conservation work.
How Direct Debit works
If you choose to pay monthly
- It is not possible to pay for young person, junior and gift memberships in monthly instalments. However, you can pay by annual Direct Debit or by credit/debit card.
- Payments are made monthly in advance on or shortly after the 8th of each month.
- We’ll enclose a Direct Debit payment schedule in your welcome pack showing you the amount and date for each payment.
- For new memberships, your first payment will cover either the first two or three months of your membership depending upon when you join. For example, for a joint membership the first payment could be either £20 or £30, with subsequent payments of £10 each month.
If you choose to pay annually
- You can pay by annual Direct Debit for all annual memberships, including young person, junior and gift memberships.
- The first payment is made on or shortly after the 8th, 15th, 22nd or 28th of the month depending upon when you join.
- We’ll enclose a Direct Debit payment schedule in your welcome pack showing you the amount and date of this payment.
What happens at renewal?
- A month before your membership is due to end, you'll receive a letter with details about renewing your membership together with your new Direct Debit schedule.
- Annual Direct Debit renewals are taken on or shortly after the 8th of the renewal month.
- Monthly Direct Debit renewals are also taken on or shortly after the 8th of each month. Payments are made monthly in advance, so the first payment for the new membership year will be taken during the last month of the current one.
- Memberships paid by Direct Debit renew automatically, unless you tell us otherwise.