Demolition order

Black and white photo of the Victorian shops at Greyfriars

"...the roof is in a terrible state of dilapidation. It sags in places, and the rain comes in a soaks through to the rooms below" -Spackman (1913) in Ancient Buildings of Worcester

In 1936, a demolition order was put on Greyfriars', however the outbreak of the Second World War intervened with demolition plans, so the building could not be demolished.

In 1943, Major Thompson brought the house but passed it onto the Worcestershire Archaeological Society.