ChertVentnor, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Preferred changeover day Friday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001010
About ChertA chilled-out, light-filled 70s styled home with impressive sea views from its large balcony.
This sleek south island stay will leave you feeling 70s cool. It’s symmetrically sophisticated with laid-back interiors and large glass windows that stream in light from the open seascape. High on a wooded cliff in the quiet residential area of St Lawrence, it’s hard to resist its chilled-out vibe.
Kick back on its balcony to views of the sea and sounds of the 70s from its record player. Or head to the hottest place on the island, quite literally, Ventnor. The seaside resort has its own microclimate which produces some of the warmest temperatures on the island.
If surfing is your thing, the south coast is littered with surfing spots, so you’ll be close to the waves. And if you want to venture a little further, you can drive from one end of the island to the other in under an hour and discover its stunning beaches, dinosaur history and natural spectacle, The Needles.
Why book with us?
- Unrivalled locations
- Free entry to our places
- Award-winning customer service
- Help us care for nature, beauty and history
Our Covid promise
- Postpone or refund with no admin fee
- Enhanced cleaning regime
- Discover more about our Covid promise
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher not available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner not available
- Garden available
- BBQ available
Not accessibleView accessibility guide (PDF 315 KB)
Entrance hall with utility room, toilet and spiral staircase.View Floor plan (PDF 72 KB)
Kitchen/dining/sitting room, two bedrooms (one double with 5' bed and one twin). Bathroom adjacent to double bedroom and shower room adjacent to twin bedroom. Central hallway with access to large balcony and back entrance with outside stairs to the ground floor and garden area.View Floor plan (PDF 87 KB)
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
The road up to the house is steep at certain points.
If you would like a copy of the access statement for this cottage please call the team on 0344 800 2070.
Children: Due to a steep metal spiral staircase and an uncovered garden pond, these hazards may make this cottage unsuitable for children under 12.
Heating: Gas central heating included.
Parking: Space is available for two cars.
Garden: Open paved front garden and small grassed area with an uncovered pond.
Telephone: There is no mobile telephone reception at this cottage.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Similar places to stay
This former clubhouse is now a quirky holiday cottage with a verandah great for wildlife watching.
A pretty Victorian cottage in its own walled garden, within walking distance to the beach.