Knowles Farm CottageVentnor, Isle Of Wight
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Preferred changeover day Thursday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001005
About Knowles Farm CottageThis rural escape has an open fire, exposed beams and views of a Victorian lighthouse to love.
Perching on the most-southern tip of the island is this two-bedroom rural hideaway. In your own oasis of calm, you’ll be encompassed by green fields, far reaching sea views and lighthouse. You’ll be pleased to know that the foghorn is no longer in use, so nothing will come between you and the soothing sounds of the sea.
Inside hosts a cosy abode for up to four people. Adding to its charm, an open fire warms the lounge and rustic exposed beams and barn doors run throughout the cottage.
The nearby coastline is a wild and rocky with jutting cliffs, windswept downs and sheltered valleys. But nestling amongst this, you’ll find golden sandy beaches such as Rocken End and Castle Haven.
And for a classic pub lunch, head to the nearby village of Niton which is within walking distance and the seaside resort, Ventnor, can be driven to within 15 mins.
Availability & book
- Selected dates
- Changeover day
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* not available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView Access statement (PDF 337 KB)
Kitchen/dining room, sitting room with open fire, and bathroom with a shower over the bath.
Two bedrooms (one double with 5' bed interconnecting with one twin).
Notes for guests
Access: This access statement is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see those images in the main website page.
Heating: Night storage heating included.
Parking: There is parking for two cars at the cottage.
Garden: A small walled garden.
Access: is by a steep private road (public traffic prohibited), this is prone to movement as the surrounding land moves. The road is monitored regularly but please drive slowly, this road is not suitable for low slung cars
Logs/charcoal: Additional logs can be purchased in advance through the contact centre. Logs are £6.00 per bag or £25 for unlimited access to the log store.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Please note: The double and twin bedrooms are interconnecting.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Dogs: Please note that for bookings taken from 2nd September 2019 onwards, one dog will be accepted at this cottage.