Little ChertVentnor, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 2
- Bedrooms 1
- Preferred changeover day Friday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001021
About Little ChertOriginally built as a guest annex, this little cottage shares the same 70s styling and fabulous views.
Surfers, ramblers and retro buffs alike will want to be seen in this stylish 70s hang-out. It was built as a guest annex of modernist house, Chert and sits high on a wooded cliff, so guests can kick back to views of the sea from its lounge.
It’s filled with 70s inspired interiors, from the original turquoise formica bathroom and quirky mosaics, to the slick wall bed that unfolds into the open-plan lounge, dining and bedroom area.
Catch the waves at nearby surfing beaches on the southern coastline or head into Ventnor town, which is within walking distance. And if you want to venture a little further, you can drive from one end of the island to the other in under an hour and discover its stunning beaches, dinosaur history and natural spectacle, The Needles.
Why book with us?
- Unrivalled locations
- Exclusive access to special places
- Award-winning customer service
Our Covid promise
- Postpone or refund with no admin fee
- Extensive additional cleaning
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner not available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView accessibility guide (PDF 258 KB)
Entrance hall, bathroom with shower over bath, open plan sitting/dining room/bedroom with 5' wall bed and small kitchen.View Floor plan (PDF 164 KB)
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
Heating: Electric radiator heating included.
Parking: There is car parking for one car on the roadway.
Garden: A small open plan garden with lawn area and rockery.
Utilities/electricals: The washing machine and tumble dryer are a combined washer/dryer.
Telephone/signal: Mobile phone reception can be poor.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Please note: There is an open pond at Chert, the adjacent property.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Similar places to stay
A chilled-out, light-filled 70s styled home with impressive sea views from its large balcony.
A pretty Victorian cottage in its own walled garden, within walking distance to the beach.