Rose CottageNewport, Isle Of Wight
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Preferred changeover day Friday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001008
About Rose CottageA large private garden and roses tumbling across its stone front make this cottage a stunning place to stay.
Peeping out from behind the village church, Rose Cottage is a traditional property built from Island stone with gorgeous rose bushes outside the front door. The traditional style continues inside with period furnishings and a relaxed and cosy feel.
With a large private garden, Rose Cottage is perfect for families or garden lovers. Enjoy a game in the grounds, or just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet before heading over to Mottistone Manor, a beautiful National Trust property within sight of the cottage.
Further afield, some of the Isle of Wight’s most famous sites are close by. Take a trip to the Needles and while you’re in the area visit the Old and New Battery, free to cottage guests.
Availability & book
- Selected dates
- Changeover day
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView Access statement (PDF 56 KB)
Sitting room with open fire, dining room, kitchen, small utility room and lavatory.
Two bedrooms (one double and one twin) and bathroom with separate shower cubicle.
Notes for guests
Access: This access statement is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see those images in the main website page.
Heating: Night storage heating included.
Parking: Available space for at least two cars in the lane adjacent to the cottage.
Garden: There is a large enclosed garden.
Logs/charcoal: Additional logs can be purchased in advance through the contact centre. Logs are £6.00 per bag or £25 for unlimited access to the log store.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde