Rosetta CottageCowes, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 10
- Bedrooms 5
- Preferred changeover day Saturday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 4 What's this?
- Reference 001009
About Rosetta CottageA converted Victorian house on the seafront at Cowes, with views of ships from the windows and garden.
If you’re looking for a holiday by the sea, then you can’t get much closer than this cottage. Rosetta is one of two holiday cottages in a converted Victorian manor right on the seafront at Cowes. The large, spacious property is perfect for groups and it makes the ideal base over Cowes Week.
Perfectly positioned for yachting enthusiasts, sit back and enjoy the view from the front windows as large ships and private yachts pass by. You’ll also love the private garden, which is ideal for outdoor games with its large lawn. Or just soak up more of those incredible sweeping sea views with an outdoor lunch or dinner.
Nearby, Newtown Nature reserve is a great place to enjoy the Island’s wildlife in a peaceful setting. See if you can spot any rare species from one of the reserve’s hides.
Why book with us?
- Unrivalled locations
- Free entry to our places
- Award-winning customer service
- Help us care for nature, beauty and history
Our Covid promise
- Postpone or refund with no admin fee
- Enhanced cleaning regime
- Discover more about our Covid promise
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Ground floor facilitiesView accessibility guide (PDF 3172 KB)
Entrance hall, separate lavatory, large dining room with French doors to garden, large sitting room with wood-burning stove and sunroom off, kitchen, one bedroom with 2 single beds and en-suite bathroom with bath and mixer tap shower attachment.
Four bedrooms (two doubles with 5' beds, two twins) bathroom with electric shower over bath, shower room with lavatory and a separate lavatory.
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
There is one bedroom and a bathroom on the ground floor but they may not be suitable for wheelchair users.
Heating: Night storage heating included.
Parking: Two cars may be parked on the garage hardstanding at the rear or on the road (charges apply during the summer).
*WiFi: This is now available, but please note that intermittent connection problems can sometimes occur and should not be relied upon. We are pleased to provide free WiFi at this cottage which is supported by BT.
Garden: There is a shared, enclosed garden around the property with a lawn to the side. Rosetta Cottage has its own seating area.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Logs/charcoal: Additional logs can be purchased in advance through the contact centre. Logs are £6.00 per bag or £25 for unlimited access to the log store.
Please note: Visitors to the cottage next door share the same entrance gate and walk around the side of the property to their entrance.
Please note: This cottage has an induction hob in the kitchen, this may interfere with pacemakers.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Similar places to stay
Part of a large country house, brimming with original features and views over the Helford River.