Wydcombe CottageVentnor, Isle Of Wight
- Sleeps 5
- Bedrooms 2
- Preferred changeover day Friday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 1
- Acorn rating 4 What's this?
- Reference 001022
About Wydcombe CottageSee if you can spot red squirrels when you stay at this former farm worker’s cottage.
Situated in a picturesque valley, Wydcombe is a former farm labourer’s cottage with just a few other dwellings surrounding it. Boasting two wood burning stoves, this cosy cottage offers the perfect secluded escape.
Breathe in a welcome dose of country air as you make your way around the cottage’s peaceful surroundings. See if you can spot some of the local wildlife, the area is a haven for rare red squirrels and bee-eaters.
Nearby, St Catherine’s lighthouse juts out into the sea. Explore the wild coastline here before heading to the 16th-century Buddle Inn for some refreshments.
Availability & book
- Selected dates
- Changeover day
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView Access statement (PDF 627 KB)
Porch, hallway with stairs up to kitchen, dining room with multifuel stove, lavatory, sitting room with multifuel stove.
Two bedrooms (one 5' double with en suite shower room, one triple with three single beds), bathroom with shower over bath.
Notes for guests
Access: This access statement is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see those images in the main website page.
Heating: Electric radiator heating included.
Parking: For two or more cars on a large gravelled area at the front of the cottage.
Garden: A small back garden enclosed by a low wall with lawn, picnic table and outside light. Sheep can graze on the field adjacent to the cottage back garden so dogs need to be on a lead in the garden at all times.
Access: Access to the cottage is along an unmade track through fields that is used by this and a couple of other properties.
Logs/charcoal: Additional logs can be purchased in advance through the contact centre. Logs are £6.00 per bag or £25 for unlimited access to the log store.
*WiFi: This is now available, but please note that intermittent connection problems can sometimes occur and should not be relied upon. We are pleased to provide free WiFi at this cottage which is supported by BT.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde