Visiting Kinver Edge and the Rock Houses with your dog
Kinver Edge is a great place to come and exercise with your dog. There are miles of footpaths and open countryside for you to explore. Well behaved dogs and owners are welcome to take a break on the outdoor seating in the Rock Houses garden, where you can enjoy a cuppa and take in the views from the cliff top.
Kinver Edge countryside
Where can my dog go?
The woods and heath of Kinver Edge are a great place to enjoy with your dog. There are many miles of open walking country and free access all year round. There are three waymarked trails you can follow, taking in the different features from Hill Fort, to woodland, Rock Houses and open heath.
- Take the lead: help reduce the chance of your pup disturbing wildlife by keeping them on a lead
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it to keep your favourite places beautiful
- Paws for thought: look out for information signs
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by
What do I need to be aware of at Kinver Edge?
Whilst on many of our paths your dog can explore off lead, there are some areas of sensitive wildlife habitat where dogs need to be kept under close control.
Our definition of close control is:
- Being able to recall your dog in any situation at the first call
- Being able to clearly see your dog at all times
- Not allowing your dog to approach other visitors without their consent
- Having a lead with you to use if you encounter livestock or wildlife
Some birds nest on the ground from March to September. These areas are signposted on the Edge. Please don't let your dogs run off the footpaths and into the vegetation during this time as it may disturb the bird and their young.
Longhorn cattle graze the heathland from May to September. They are generally docile animals but please keep dogs under close control if you come across the cows on your walk.
Rock Houses and garden
Where can my dog go?
Dogs on leads are welcome into the gardens at the Rock Houses. There is plenty of seating outside the tea-room where you can take a break with your dog.
Where can't my dog go?
Dogs, apart from assistance dogs, are not allowed inside the tea-room or the Rock Houses. There are tie-up points nearby so you can pop inside.
Facilities available for my dog
There are water bowls outside the Rock Houses tea-room and dog poo bins in our countryside car parks.