Please book ahead before visiting Orford Ness
Orford Ness is accessed by the National Trust ferry Octavia. To manage boat capacity, it is therefore essential to book your place before arriving. Tickets are in high demand and sell out quickly.
How to book
- To make a booking, please follow the link below
- Please book one ticket per person including a free ticket for under 5s to allow us to accommodate the correct number of passengers on our ferry. You’ll need to choose your ferry time when booking for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for the departure of the ferry, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to that time for check in.
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email. Every Thursday we'll release a further week ofnew bookings for visits to maintain roughly two weeks advance booking.
If you are arriving by car, you'll need to park on the main Riverside Pay and Display Car Park on Quay Street as there is no public parking on Orford Quay. The Car park is not run by the National Trust and so parking charges apply, even to members. Please bring change as the car park machines only take cash (£2.50 up to 3 hours, £4 up to 8 hours).
Please have your booked ticket ready to show our staff, either on your phone or a printed copy. If you’re a member, you’ll also need to show your membership card. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time of your ferry and make your way to our Quay Office on Orford Quay so we can check you in.
In order to manage capacity, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you arrive after the departure time of your ferry, we won’t be able to guarantee your entry.
Facilities and Access link on the Home page