Beetroot, walnut and soft cheese salad
Whether the sun is shining or the clouds are dark overhead, this delicious and vibrant salad will cheer up any lunch or dinner. With nutritious beetroots, creamy stilton, crunchy walnuts and a tangy dressing, this healthy salad is worth getting excited about.
- 500g red beetroot
- 100g golden beetroot
- 200g 'candy striped' beetroot (Chioggia)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 60ml orange juice
- 20g honey
- 100g walnuts
- 75g cream cheese
- 75g stilton
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 10g fresh dill, finely chopped
- 60g rocket
- Salt and pepper
- Wrap your red beetroot in foil with the fresh rosemary and roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Peel the roasted red beetroot and cut into bite sized pieces. Mix together the orange juice, vinegar and honey and add to the red beetroot.
- Allow to marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel the golden beetroot and cut into matchsticks.
- Peel the Chioggia beetroot and cut into thin slices showing off the candy strip interior.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven for five minutes until just golden.
- Place the stilton, yoghurt and cream cheese in a bowl and combine, add the dill and mix again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place your rocket in the base of your serving bowl. Arrange all 3 types of beetroot across the top of the rocket.
- Using a teaspoon, place small pieces of the cheese mix across the top of the beetroot, followed by the toasted walnuts.
- Finish with a drizzle of the red beetroot dressing and some more fresh dill fronds.