Coronation cauliflower and couscous salad
A light and spicy autumn dish, perfect for a healthy lunch or light evening meal.
For the spice paste:
- 1 tsp each ground turmeric, ground ginger, ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 50ml water
For the couscous:
- 200g couscous
- 200ml boiling water
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- Pinch salt
- 50g mango chutney
- 10g fresh mint, finely chopped
- 10g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 mixed peppers, deseed and finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 100g sultanas
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into bitesize pieces
- 120g mixed leaves
- 50g flaked almonds
- For the spice paste: Add all the spice mix ingredients into a bowl and combine until you have a paste.
- Tip in the chopped cauliflower and mix until the spice mix has coated it all.
- Tip the spicy cauliflower mix into an oven tray and roast for 25 - 30 minutes at 180C until tender and starting to crisp and colour. Remove from the oven and cool.
- For the couscous: Place the couscous in a bowl and cover with the boiling water. Mix gently and then leave to stand for 10 minutes until the couscous is tender and all the liquid is combined.
- Add all the remaining couscous ingredients to the bowl, along with the roasted cauliflower and stir through gently with a fork.
- To serve: Place a portion of leaf into your bowl or box, add a portion of the cauliflower and couscous mix and top with flaked almonds.