Courgette chilli and mint salad
With courgette being the star of this meal, it adds a unique twist to the standard summer salad. Combining the refreshing hint of mint with a little chilli creates a delicate and refreshing salad that's wonderfully simple and tasty.
- 1kg courgettes, thickly sliced into rings
- 30ml olive oil
For the dressing
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to season
- 50g rocket or mixed leaf
- 30g fresh mint, torn into pieces
- Place the courgettes on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Place into the oven at 200 degrees C and cook for 10-15 minutes until they start to soften and go golden brown.
- Meanwhile place all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Remove the courgettes from the oven and while still warm add to the dressing and toss gently to combine.
- Allow to cool and infuse.
- Place a portion of the rocket or mixed leaves into a serving bowl and top with the courgettes. Finish with torn mint leaves.
Hungry for more recipes?
From our kitchens to yours, why not recreate all that you love about a visit to a National Trust café? From hearty mains to light snacks and naughty treats there's something for every mood.