Lemon and blueberry mousse pots
There’s more to lemons than lemonade, so why not make these deliciously simple lemon and blueberry mousse pots? Enjoy tart lemon curd mousse layered on top of a sweet blueberry compote. These refreshing mousses make for a light, but indulgent, fruity dessert that'll bring a smile to everyone's faces.
For the compote
- 20gcaster sugar
For the mousse
- 200mldouble cream
- 150glemon curd
- 1lemon, zest and juice
- For the compote, place the blueberries and sugar into a pan. Heat gently and bring to a simmer until the blueberries start to break down slightly, release their juices and the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the compote between your serving pots and refrigerate until cold.
- For the mousse, place the lemon curd into a bowl. Add the zest and juice of the lemon, then beat until smooth.
- Place the cream into a bowl and whisk using a balloon whisk until soft peaks have formed.
- Add in the lemon curd mixture. Fold it through gently so it's just combined but some swirls of lemon curd remain.
- Gently spoon the mousse mix over the blueberry compote and place your serving pots back in the fridge to set.
- When serving, top the mousse with the remaining fresh blueberries.