Potato, red cabbage and roasted garlic salad
A colourful mix of seasonal textures that is an ideal accompaniment for your favourite dishes.
- 1 bulb garlic
- 300g/12oz mayonnaise
- 20ml/2dsp vegetable oil
- 750g/1lb 12oz potatoes
- 650g/1lb 10oz sweet potatoes
- 300g/12oz red cabbage
- 25g/1oz parsley
- 50g/2oz flaked almonds
- 100g/4oz sultanas
- 60g/2oz mixed leaf salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place the garlic bulb in foil with half the oil, wrap well and put in the oven at 180C for around 30-45 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and leave to cool, before removing the foil. Chop the top off the bulb and squeeze the roasted garlic into a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise to the garlic in the bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small chunks. Place on a lined baking sheet, toss in the remaining oil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks and boil separately until tender. Add to the tray of sweet potatoes, stir and return to the oven.
- Once the potatoes are lightly coloured, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Finely chop the red cabbage.
- Place the almonds on a tray and toast in the oven until lightly coloured.
- Put all the ingredients into the bowl with the mayonnaise and sultanas. Mix well and season to taste before serving.