Red pepper and sundried tomato fritters
These crispy, fresh fritters will be a crowd pleaser around the dinner table. Vibrant in colour and packed full of tasty goodness, they're a great way to get some extra vegetables on the plate. Delicious when served either on their own or with a salad for lunch or dinner.
- 200ggram flour
- 300gred pepper, finely sliced
- 50gsundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50gspinach, roughly chopped
- 15gbasil, finely chopped
- 2 tbspvegetable oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the flour, salt and pepper into a bowl and combine.
- Add in the red peppers, sundried tomatoes, spinach and basil and combine again.
- Add just enough water to bind the mixture together.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, split the batter mix into four and place into the pan.
- Leave to fry for 2-3 minutes until the bottom sets and starts to crisp.
- Carefully flip the fritters and cook for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in an oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked and nicely browned, remove from the oven.