Sausage and fennel seed pasta
A steaming bowl of comforting goodness that can be adapted to suit every taste. Whether that's meat or vegetarian sausages, wheat free or wholewheat pasta, to getting creative with the spices in the cupboard this fragrant dish is quick, simple and delicious.
- 140g linguine (or pasta of your choice) cooked and drained, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water
- 3 sausages
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g fresh spinach
- Remove the skins from the sausages and place the sausage meat into a bowl.
- Add the fennel seeds, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and mixed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan on a medium heat. Using a teaspoon, carefully place pieces of the sausage meat into the pan and fry until crispy, caramelised, and cook through, turning regularly.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sausage meat, along with the reserved pasta water and stir.
- Add the spinach and continue to mix until the spinach has wilted.
- Place into your serving bowl, top with a pinch of the fennel seed and chilli flakes and serve.
Hungry for more recipes?
From our kitchens to yours, why not recreate all that you love about a visit to a National Trust café? From hearty mains to light snacks and naughty treats there's something for every mood.