Smoked salmon and asparagus quiches
These mini smoked salmon and asparagus quiches are perfect for any occasion. Try them as a picnic snack, a barbecue starter or with a refreshing salad.
For the pastry
- 250g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 5g salt
- water to bind
For the filling base
- 3 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 125ml double cream
- 5g salt
- 5g pepper
Extra filling ingredients
- 150g smoked salmon trimming, shredded
- 150g asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
- For the pastry, place the flour, baking margarine and butter in the bowl of your mixer. Attach the paddle and mix until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Change the paddle for the dough hook and whilst mixing on the slowest setting add enough water to make a soft dough, don’t overmix your dough.
- Remove from the bowl and place on your workbench.
- Roll the pastry out to 2mm thick, and using an 8cm cutter cut 12 rounds. Place a round into each hole of your muffin trays, using an offcut of the pastry to press firmly into the tray.
- For the filling, place the egg, cream and milk in a bowl and whisk together.
- Split the asparagus and salmon evenly into the pastry cases, and pour the egg mix between the 12 pastry cases.
- Place in the oven at 160 degrees for 20 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry is crisp.