Vegetable and coconut curry
A filling and tasty dish packed with fresh vegetables, chickpeas and aromatic herbs and spices, for a delicious one pot dinner.
- 300g onions, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh coriander
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100g tikka masala paste
- 150g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 375g potatoes, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- ½ cauliflower, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 20g vegetable bouillon
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cardomom pods
- 100g fresh spinach
- 20g mango chutney
- 200ml tin coconut milk
- 2 x 400gtins of chickpeas, drained
- 5g fresh mint
- To tastesalt and pepper
- 4-6 tsp mango chutney
- Handful coriander leaves, torn
- Cut the stalks from the coriander and finely chop them, then roughly chop the leaves and put to one side.
- Place a large stock pot over a medium heat and once hot add the oil, onion, garlic, coriander stalks and tikka paste, stir well and sauté for 5 - 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and cauliflower to the onion mix in the pan.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, caster sugar, cinnamon, cardamom pods and enough water to cover, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the spinach leaves, coriander leaves, mango chutney, coconut milk, chickpeas and the mint, stir well and bring back to the boil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a spoonful of mango chutney and garnish with some roughly torn coriander leaves.