White chocolate and raspberry buns
The white chocolate and raspberries compliment each other perfectly in these scrumptious fruity buns.These sweet buns couldn't be simpler to make so they are great for the whole family. Tuck into one, or maybe two, for a cheeky afternoon treat.
For the dough
- 600g strong white flour
- 11g dried yeast
- 50g caster sugar
- 400ml warm water
- 75g butter
- A pinch of salt
For the filling
- 200g raspberry jam
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 100g white chocolate drops
- For the dough, add all the dry dough ingredients to the bowl of your mixer, attach the dough hook and turn on low. Gradually add the warm water, and continue to mix until a soft, smooth dough is formed.
- Add the butter and continue to mix until it's combined and the dough is smooth again. The dough will turn sticky when the butter is added, so don’t be tempted to add more flour. Allow the dough hook to continue to work it in as it'll come back to a nice soft, smooth dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball. Once kneaded, place into a floured bowl, cover and leave to prove until doubled in size (about 45 minutes to an one hour).
- Take dough and roll into a rectangle approximately 48cm by 30 cm, with the long edge facing you.
- For the filling, spread with jam, ensuring you get right to edges. Sprinkle over the raspberries and white chocolate, and then roll tightly from top to bottom, squaring up the ends as you go to ensure it stays as even as possible.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces, approximately 3cm in width. Place on your lined tray, cut side up, squash down slightly, cover and allow to prove again until doubled in size (about 45 mins).
- Place into the oven at 170°C for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden and risen.