Learning Barn facilities at Saddlescombe Farm
The Learning Barn at Saddlescombe Farm is a very well equipped space suitable for all your learning needs. This space has had many former lives including a grain store and a workshop, but now it provides a wonderful, warm space for schools, community groups and for private hire workshops, meetings or talks.
As much of the original fabric of this secluded flint-walled building as possible has been preserved and it acts as a superb starting point for exploring the wider countryside. Modern furniture and facilities are provided within, but the South Downs is just a few steps away.
• An accessible large open space with seating and tables for up to 30
• A small kitchen with a fridge, assorted crockery, cutlery, large urn and a microwave
• Projector, printer and display space if needed
• Underfloor heating and a wood burning stove (free logs supplied)
• Accessible outdoor toilet facilities (no baby change facilities)
• A large secluded outdoor space with benched seating
• A very large, unheated barn that is available on request
• Set in a separate gated area away from the working farm
• Available for hire, full or part day, Monday to Saturday between 10am and 5pm
• Additional hours and Sundays charged separately on request
• Most activities and events we run are suitable for off-road buggies and wheelchairs, however, not all of our historic buildings and surrounding countryside are suitable
• There is no parking at the farm, but free drop off for cars, coaches, blue badge holders and those with accessibility issues is available onsite
• Parking available all day at Devil’s Dyke – with optional walk included as part of the visit
• Alternatively, a return tractor-trailer ride for £50 per group is bookable separately*
• Tea and cakes can be supplied as part of a booking for an extra charge
• Catering for small groups is available on request from our resident farming family*
We cannot accept weddings or wedding celebrations in the building at present.
We do not allow pets or other animals into the learning space, however, dogs are welcome to visit the farm on a short lead as part of an outdoor event**
*Subject to availability **To be confirmed and agreed by the organiser beforehand