50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 at Souter
While you're at Souter, why not take on some outdoor challenges.
There are lots of 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 here at Souter. These are a few of our favourites:
- No. 7 Fly a kite - there's almost always enough of a breeze on The Leas to get your kite to take off and plenty of room to let it soar.
- No. 11 Explore on wheels - the Route 1 Sustrans long distance cycle route runs along The Leas and past the lighthouse. Find out more here.
- No. 25 Join nature's band - choose a nice long piece of grass, hold it tight between the upright palms of your hands and blow between your thumbs. Can you get a note out of it? Do it with friends and create a grass band.
- No. 30 Go on a scavenger hunt - it’s amazing what treasures you can find if you look carefully. Perhaps you’ll spot a feather, an interesting leaf or head to the beach to look for shells, colourful stones, sea glass and twisted driftwood.
- No. 31 Make friends with a bug - visit our wildlife garden to see what creepy crawlies you can spot.
- No. 37 Explore the wonders of a rock pool - join a Seashore Safari event or pick up a self-led rock pooling activity pack from the front desk. We'll provide everything you need to discover salty critters between the tides.
- No. 44 Watch a bird - spend some time at the bird hides in Whitburn Coastal Park or check out the seabirds along the cliffs. Grab a self-led bird watching activity pack for some top tips. Find out more about birds and other wildlife at Souter here.
For the full list of mini-adventures and more great ideas on how and where to get started, visit the National Trust 50 things page.