50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 at Souter
While you're at Souter, why not take on some outdoor challenges.
There are lots of 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 here at Souter. Here are a few of our favourites:
- No. 7 Fly a kite - there's almost always enough of a breeze on The Leas to get your kite to take off and plenty of room to let it soar.
- No. 11 Go on a really long bike ride - the Route 1 Sustrans long distance cycle route runs along The Leas and past the lighthouse. Find out more here.
- No. 25 Make a grass trumpet - choose a nice, long piece, hold it tight between the palms of your hands and blow. Can you get a note out of it? Do it with friends and create a grass band.
- No. 30 Hold a scary beast - do you dare to pick up a crab from a rock pool or let a slug crawl on your hand? Remember to put them back safely where you found them; they will definitely be more scared of you!
- No. 31 Hunt for bugs - visit our wildlife garden to see what creepy crawlies you can spot.
- No. 37 Check out the crazy creatures in a rock pool - join a Seashore Safari event or pick up a self-led rock pooling activity pack from the front desk. We'll provide everything you need to discover salty critters between the tides.
- No. 44 Go bird watching - spend some time at the bird hides in Whitburn Coastal Park or check out the seabirds along the cliffs. Grab a self-led bird watching activity pack for some top tips. Find out more about birds and other wildlife at Souter here.
Pick up your free 50 things scrapbook at the lighthouse and tick off adventures as you go.
For more great ideas on how to get started, where to find adventures and events, or links to download the 50 things app, visit the National Trust 50 things page.