Contactless donations terms and conditions
You can now make a contactless donation to the National Trust to support our places and important conservation work. Please read the terms and conditions here.
How to donate
1. You can make a donation to the National Trust via one of the contactless donation devices at our places.
2. Transaction fees will be deducted from your donation by our service providers. The rest of your donation goes to the National Trust (registered charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland 205846) in support of nature, beauty and history, for everyone, for ever.
3. Donations will be listed in your bank transactions as Just Giving or JustGiving.
4. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
Who can donate?
5. The person donating should have the account holders permission. This donation service may not be supported by all card providers. We are unable to accept AMEX at this time.
6. In line with our sustainability policy, receipts will not be issued for contactless donations unless a payment card is inserted into a contactless device.
7. It is the donor’s responsibility to select the correct amount to donate. Payments to the National Trust are classified by HMRC as a charitable donation. As such, Donations will only be refunded in very limited circumstances, in accordance with the Fundraising Regulator Guidelines.
8. The National Trust and their suppliers cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, capacity issues or any other problems with contactless devices which result in any donation being lost, delayed or not properly received.
9. Daily limits are in line with your banking guidelines. If you would like to contribute more to the National Trust, you can donate online using our online form.
10. A thank you message will appear on the contactless donation device to denote a successful transaction.
11. Donations for contactless donations are being processed for the National Trust by JustGiving.
Customer queries and complaints
If you have any questions about your donation that can’t be answered in the terms and conditions or you want to make a complaint, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01793 818569.