Small Wonder gifts make a big difference
Do you know someone who’s passionate about puffins, crazy about the coast or smitten with squirrels? Small Wonders make the perfect gift for that special person who cares about nature and loves to explore the great outdoors.
Small Wonder gifts
With every Small Wonder gift you give, you’ll be helping to look after the precious wildlife, gardens and miles of coastline in our care. The money you spend goes directly towards the National Trust’s work to protect the places you love.
Choose from nine different Small Wonders, each with its own collectable pin badge. You can donate to wildlife conservation, care for the coast or keep the gardens you love growing.
What's included in your Small Wonder gift?
Inside your Small Wonder gift pack, you'll find:
- One of nine high-quality pin badges to collect
- Information about how your gift donation will be spent
- Space for a personal message
Have you already received a Small Wonder? Find out how your donation is helping to make a big difference for nature.
How you're helping wildlife
- Red squirrel
- Our native red squirrel is under threat from disease, loss of woodland and from the non-native grey squirrel. We're helping to make welcoming homes for red squirrels to thrive.Our work to care for red squirrels
- Dormice are endangered creatures that need our help. We're installing nesting boxes at places in our care to give dormice somewhere to snore through winter and breed in spring.Our work to care for dormice
- Long-eared bat
- There are 18 species of bat in the UK, and all of these can be found at some of the places in our care. We work with others to give bats safe places to roost, feed and fly.Our work to care for bats
How you're helping the coast
- Keeping the coast open
- We look after 780 miles of coastline in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We care for coastal paths throughout the year, so you can enjoy those amazing sea views, secret beaches and historic seaside spots.Our work caring for coastal footpaths
- Protecting puffins
- Puffins always look as though they’re polished for a black-tie event, but they're actually vulnerable creatures. We look after their home on the Farne Islands and count them each year to make sure they're happy and healthy.Counting puffins on the coast
- Making meadows
- Wildflower habitats are magnificent homes for wildlife on the coast. But more than 97 per cent of the UK's wildflower meadows have been lost. We're creating new meadows and looking after the ones we have to help reverse this trend.Our hay meadow conservation work
How you're helping gardens
- Garden restoration
- We look after 173 gardens of special historic interest. Behind the scenes, our experts provide the specialist conservation skills needed for the long-term future of these spaces.Discover how our gardens grow
- Abuzz with bees
- We're taking action to boost bee numbers by installing hives in the flower-rich gardens and countryside in our care. We're also using greener gardening techniques to keep bees healthy.Learn how we're bee friendly
For 125 years, people like you have helped us look after nature, beauty and history. Donate today, and together we’ll preserve precious places for everyone, for ever.
Whether you're treating yourself or someone else, the online shop makes it easy for you to find something special.
Pick up a book from a second-hand bookshop to keep or share. Every purchase will raise funds for conservation projects at the places in our care.