Guided tours at The Homewood
The Homewood is cared for by a live-in tenant family, so you'll need to book a guided tour to visit.
Tours of The Homewood are available on either Friday or Saturday each week between April and October (excluding the Easter weekend). Tours start at 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3pm. Where you'll explore on your guided tour
Booking a tour
- There is no parking or pedestrian access at The Homewood which can only be accessed via minibus from Claremont Landscape Garden
- Please arrive at Claremont Landscape Garden 20 minutes before your tour starts.
- Pay and collect your passes at the entrance kiosk (if you are a National Trust member, please bring your card)
- You will depart by minibus five minutes before the start of your scheduled tour - please present your boarding passes.
- The minibus returns to Claremont every half an hour until 4.30pm (except 2.30pm).
The important stuff
- Guided house tours last approximately 45 minutes followed by an opportunity to visit the garden.
- Unfortunately we can't accommodate large bags, backpacks or pushchairs.
- You're welcome to take pictures of the exterior of the house and the garden, but please keep your camera in your bag while inside.
- You will be provided with shoe covers; please do not wear small-heeled shoes as these can damage the floor.
- There are no facilities at The Homewood (there are toilets and a café at Claremont).
- If you're unable to come to your booked tour, please let us know as soon as you can so we can give others the chance to visit.