The Homewood in the media
Over the years, the striking interior and exterior architecture of The Homewood has been featured in many different films and television shows. Filming provides an additional source of vital funds that help us keep places like The Homewood special for ever, for everyone.
A wide range of architecture programmes, fashion shoots and period dramas have been shot at The Homewood over the last few years. Take a look at our list and see what you might recognise.
- Grand Designs Australia Special, filmed December 2016. Presented by Kevin McCloud and Peter Maddison for Fremantle Media. We hosted a slideshow discussion between Kevin and Peter, who reviewed their favourite Grand Designs Australia houses.
- Grand Designs House of the Year 2016, filmed in September 2016. Presented by Kevin McCloud, and aired on Channel 4 over 4 episodes from 24 November 2016. We hosted Kevin McCloud, and judges Meredith Bowles and Charlotte Skene Catling, who discussed the houses shortlisted for the Grand Designs/RIBA House of the Year 2016.
- Miss Marple: 'Endless Night' from the novel by Agatha Christie, filmed March and April 2013 for ITV, Pinewood Studios, produced and directed by David Moore and aired on ITV at Christmas in 2013. The Homewood played the role of a new house where sinister events happen, Gypsy Acre, with a cast that included Julia Mckenzie, Birgitte Horte Sorensen, Tom Hughes, Joanna Vanderham, Glynis Barber and Aneurin Barnard.
- Dazed and Confused magazine fashion shoot, shot in May 2013 by Ben Toms for MiuMiu and published in the August 2013 issue.
- Endeavour (the young Inspector Morse), Episode 3, Rocket, filmed in November 2012 for ITV, directed by Craig Viveiros, and first aired in April 2013. The Homewood took on the role of the home of the owner of a missile factory. The cast included Martin Jarvis, Jenny Seagrove, Shaun Evans and Roger Allam.
- L'Assenza, filmed in October 2012 for First Born Films, directed by Jonathan Romney and produced by Carey Born. A short film, sponsored by BFI. A man becomes obsessed by the sight of his own double in an Italian film from the early 1960s, and The Homewood played the role of a house in Northern Italy where a significant party is held. The cast included Stephen Mangan, Amanda Ryan, Michael Higgs, Susanna Cappellaro and Rebecca Cardinale.