School Visits to Tredegar House
Tredegar House offers learning opportunities for pupils of all ages. Whether you are interested in understanding servant life, exploring how the mansion house has evolved over the past 500 years or studying the wildlife found across the estate there is something to suit all classes.
Our inspiring place will bring history to life for your class as they learn about the Morgan family and discover how they used to live.
Children can learn about William, Godfrey and Evan Morgan and explore life as a Tredegar House servant below stairs. Our beautiful walled gardens provide the ideal setting for sensory learning and enjoying a picnic.
All our activity packs are suitable for Key Stage 2 children.
Other things to bear in mind
- There is the opportunity to book out the Education Room for storage and lunchtimes. Please specify on the booking form if you would like us to book this for you.
- Due to the nature and age of the building there may be some areas that are inaccessible, for example the first floor of the mansion house.
- There are two wheelchairs for use by visitors. Please request one in advance of your visit to ensure availability.
- Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere on site, including in the mansion house.
- We ask all parties to split into no more than 8 children to one adult and that the overall group size does not exceed 30 pupils.
- Activities are all self-led and we are unable to provide a facilitator for your visit.