Sustainable travel in Birmingham & West Midlands
- 15 August 2023
Whether you’re looking to travel by train, bus, bike or foot. Plan your day out in Birmingham and West Midlands using greener travel options.
Travel by bus
- Wightwick Manor – The number 9 service runs from Wolverhampton to Bridgnorth Road, alight at Wightwick Bank on Bridgnorth Road beside Mermaid pub and enter site by the pedestrian entrance, 50 yards up main road from bus stop.
- Moseley Old Hall - Catch the number 33 bus from Wolverhampton Bus Station towards Northwood Park. Alight at Carisbrooke Rd, then there is a 20 min walk to Moseley Old Hall.
- Birmingham Back to Backs - Various travel West Midlands routes from across the city into the city centre.
- Clent Hills - Take either route 192 from Birmingham - Kidderminster, alight at Hagley, around 20 minutes from the Nimmings Wood car park, or route 318 between Stourbridge - Bromsgrove, stopping 0.5 mile from Clent Village.
Nearby railway stations
Don’t forget to plan your onward journey from the train station.
- Wightwick Manor – The nearest train station is Wolverhampton (3 miles), taxis are available, or the number 9 bus takes you to within 50 yards of Wightwick Manor.
- Moseley Old Hall – The nearest train station is Wolverhampton (4 miles), taxis are available.
- Birmingham Back to Backs - The nearest station is Birmingham New Street (1/4 mile).
- Clent Hills - The nearest train station is Hagley (3.5 miles), taxis are usually available.
The National Cycle Network (NCN) is a UK-wide network of signed paths and routes, ideal if you’re looking to reach places by bike.
- Birmingham Back to Backs - NCN5
Arriving by foot
- Clent Hills - The Clent Hills are a destination on the North Worcestershire Way, a 27 mile walking route running from Kinver to Major's Green. The North Worcestershire Path goes through Clent Hill and Walton Hill and connects the Waseley Hills on one side and Hagley on the other. There are also footpaths connecting local villages such as Romsley, Clent, Lower Clent and Hagley.