Sustainable travel in Cambridgeshire
Whether you’re looking to travel by train, bus, bike or foot. Plan your day out in Cambridgeshire using greener travel options.
Travel by bus
- Anglesey Abbey - The Stephenson's No 11 service between Cambridge and Newmarket passes Anglesey Abbey. It stops at the crossroads in Lode.
- Houghton Mill – Stagecoach operate their B service, between Cambridge and Hinchingbrooke, which stops at Houghton.
- Peckover House & Garden – Either the First Bus excel cross country service (A, B, C) or 56 Stagecoach takes you to Wisbech, where Peckover is located in the heart of the town.
- Wimpole Estate - The 75 Cambridge - Orwell - Wrestlingworth with bus operator A2B drops off passengers at Arrington (1 mile from Wimpole) or Orwell (2 miles from Wimpole).
Nearby railway stations
Don’t forget to plan your onward journey from the train station.
- Anglesey Abbey - The nearest train station is Cambridge (7.1 miles) or Newmarket (8.9 miles), both stations have taxi services available.
- Houghton Mill – The nearest train station is Huntingdon (4.5 miles), taxis are usually available.
- Wicken Fen – The nearest train stations are Ely (9 miles) and Soham (5 miles). Taxis are usually available at Ely, and you can also join the National Cycle Network route 11 to Wicken at Ely Station if you are bringing your bike.
- Wimpole Estate – The nearest station is Shepreth (5 miles). There is a taxi service from nearby Royston train station (8 miles)
- Peckover House & Gardens – The nearest train station is March (9½ miles). Although it's worth noting that there's no taxi rank at the station, so you'll need to plan ahead.
The National Cycle Network (NCN) is a UK-wide network of signed paths and routes, ideal if you’re looking to reach places by bike.
- Anglesey Abbey - NCN51, is within 1¼ miles.
- Houghton Mill - NCN51
- Peckover House & Garden - NCN1, is within ¼ mile
- Wicken Fen - NCN11 from Ely. There’s also Lodes Way that connects with Anglesey Abbey and local villages.
Arriving by foot
- Anglesey Abbey – can be reached via the Harcamlow Way from Cambridge (approximately 6.2 miles from the city).
- Houghton Mill – is on the Ouse Valley Way.
We're working with a new supplier, RAW Charging, to bring more electric vehicle charging points to the places in our care.
At Wimpole Estate we have 8 electric vehicle charging points available in the main car park.