Book to see the Christmas lights at Trengwainton
- 05 September 2023
Please note this event has SOLD OUT and the following article is for information only
Assistance dogs only at this event due to the combination of dim lighting and narrow paths
Planning your visit to the Christmas lights
- The Christmas lights will be on for 9 days over 3 weekends: 1-3 Dec, 8-10 Dec, 15-17 Dec. Timed entry slots available every 15 minutes from 4.30-7.00pm.
- Booking is essential as there will be no tickets for sale on the door.
- Ticket prices: Adult £7.50, child (5-17) £3.75. Under 5s free. Charges apply to members and non-members alike.
- Car parking spaces are limited so please car share as much as possible and don’t arrive more than 15 minutes before your timed slot.
- Baby changing facilities available in the main car park and the accessible toilet next to the bookshop.
- Toilets (including accessible) in the car park and in the garden next to the bookshop.
- CAST café will be selling hot drinks, warming stews, mince pies and cake from an outdoor stand (the café will be closed).
- The shop will be open for Christmas shopping from 4.30 till 8.30 (no ticket necessary for shop access only).
- The Christmas Lights route is accessible to users of wheelchairs and pushchairs.
What will there be to see and do?
Community is at the heart of our Lights festival, with lanterns made by local schools and local artists, led by John Keys and Alessandra Ausenda from Tough Dough CIC, a non-profit organisation that's been working with communities and schools in Cornwall since 2005. Stroll through the walled gardens and orchard lit by these creative lanterns and hundreds of fairy lights.
Make a Christmas wish by hanging a bauble on the wishing tree and gather your family and friends for a picture at the selfie station. Pop into the bookshop for some winter reading and where children can make a Christmas craft.
Eating and shopping
Trengwainton café will be closed, but renowned CAST café from Helston will be selling their locally sourced food from an outdoor stand. Their offer includes: retired Cornish dairy beef, mushroom and red wine stew with horseradish créme fraiche, seasonal vegetable and lentil stew with sun-dried tomato salsa (child portions available) and Cornish pork sausage rolls. For sweet treats there’ll be frangipane mince pies, and lemon, rosemary and olive oil cake. Stay warm with El Barco Delice traditional Spanish drinking chocolate, mulled juice or tea and coffee.
The shop will be open for Christmas shopping from 4.30 till 8.30.
The best way to book your tickets is online using this link.
If you’re unable to book online then call our central box office on 0344 249 1895. Please note, we’re unable to take bookings at Trengwainton itself.
Be sure to bring either printed or electronic confirmation of your tickets on the night.
Other useful information
Accessibility: Car park surfaces are gravel as are the paths in the walled garden and orchard. A tarmac path runs from the car park to the reception (1:9 gradient) and there's a steep incline (1:12) on a tarmac path into the walled garden. Electric mobility Tramper available to hire (see this article for terms and conditions) and a manual all-terrain wheelchair - booking strongly recommended for these T: 01736 363148
Dogs: Assistance dogs only at this event due to the combination of limited lighting and narrow paths.
Car parks locked and lights switched off: 9.00pm
Sheltered garden bursting with exotic trees and shrubs
With its winding wooded paths, sea views and walled gardens, Trengwainton is a place of contrasts. Explore its collection of award-winning plants and other highlights.
With a plant centre and second-hand bookshop alongside the café and National Trust shop, eating and shopping at Trengwainton is a world away from the high street. Find out more.
With its combination of winding wooded paths, secluded corners and wide-open spaces, there are lots of places to enjoy nature adventures at Trengwainton.